Monday, April 25, 2011

kid logic.....

What happened to recess? Why is the idea of a 15 minute break to get some energy out only good for 4-10-year-olds? Why do we no longer need that once we become adults?

I think we do need it. I think part of the reason my Shamu trainer friends love their job so much is that they have recess all the time. They get to spend some energy, keep themselves fit and raise those endorphins. We are crazy to think that just because our numerical number goes up that we no longer need to feed the kid inside us. Actually, we are killing our inner child if we don’t get some nature once in awhile.

We need to get outside, breathe in creation, and be surrounded with it. We need to raise our heart rates a little and get moving. We can not rest-not all the time, anyway.

You know, I bet there are a majority of us who can go days with some recess. I bet, not only that, but that recess is not the norm. The norm is leading a sedentary life. The norm is not eating healthy. The norm is just buying a bigger size, and chalking it up to a “slower” metabolism.

I was watching “Wall-E” with my son the other night and they have these chairs that take them form place to place because they are too out of shape and that is how they live. Eating junk and being driven from place to place. Seems to be not too far from the truth, eh?

Jesus tells us in Matthew 18:3 "I'm telling you, once and for all, that unless you return to square one and start over like children, you're not even going to get a look at the kingdom, let alone get in.I have the feeling that He was not only talking about our faith, but our lives as well. And, in my opinion, if we think that we can only change one aspect of our lives and not do a complete make-over and live it legitimately, I think we are mistaken. We need to look at everything.

Have faith like a child. Live like a child. Trust like a child. Laugh like a child. Play like a child.
They all go hand in hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment