Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I lovin' it...

So, how's your diet going? How are the fad trends working for ya? Not so good? Yah, me neither. I try and I try and I try. So, I look to the good book and what does it say-it can't be a diet book can it be?? Take a look:
Genesis 1:
29 Then God said, "I've given you every sort of seed-bearing plant on Earth And every kind of fruit-bearing tree, given them to you for food
Daniel 1:
12 "Try us out for ten days on a simple diet of vegetables and water.13 Then compare us with the young men who eat from the royal menu. Make your decision on the basis of what you see."
14 The steward agreed to do it and fed them vegetables and water for ten days.15 At the end of the ten days they looked better and more robust than all the others who had been eating from the royal menu.16 So the steward continued to exempt them from the royal menu of food and drink and served them only vegetables.

Then there are the Leviticus and Acts chapters that debate which meats are good for you-so take your pick.

You know what's not there? The McRib. I joke, sort of, but I am serious. There are plenty of natural, hormone-free foods that can be your diet. They are not always the easiest choice or the cheapest or the even the ones you enjoy the taste of the most. But, you know what a diet of God's food and the enjoyment of His planet will make you healthier and happier.

This is not about being thin. This is not about losing weight. This is about health and faith. This is about going stronger in who you are, as you are. It's not about a waist size or a dress size, it is about feeling and being healthy in who you are.

I am 5'11” and about 175 lbs. Softer in middle than I'd like to be, but I eat as healthy as I can and I just ran my second 5k this year. I will continue to run a couple of miles a night and eat more salads than I used to. I will look to scripture for influence, no matter what the topic will be. I know that the topic will be somewhat covered. And if we have to, we will look at those who I feel are modern day prophets: Mother Teresa, Gandhi, Bono, you know I'm not sure why the Bible stopped having chapters added to anyway.....

So, today start thinking about what you put in your temple. You know, enjoy yourself. Have a beer, some ice cream if you need to, but remember-healthy food and getting out and moving is the bottom line.

live differently....

1 comment:

  1. http://www.makers-diet.net/

    Great book with a great story, relevant to your point.

    ReplyDelete